About the DGKN e.V.
The German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology and Functional Neuroimaging (DGKN) e.V. has represented the interests of physicians and scientists working in the field of clinical and experimental neurophysiology since the 1950s. The scientific-medical society promotes research of the brain and nerves, ensures the quality of diagnostics and the therapy of neurological diseases, as well as drives innovations within the field.
- With its training academy, DGKN e.V. provides education, training and continuing education in the field of clinical neurophysiology and functional imaging.
- It develops and publishes guidelines, policies and recommendations for complex diagnostic methods and training in these methods.
- DGKN e.V. certifies trainers and training centers, as well as promotes research projects.
- With the Congress for Clinical Neuroscience including the Advanced Training Academy, DGKN e.V. offers a platform for a cooperative, forward-looking exchange of experiences in clinical and research settings.
- The publication organ of the DGKN e.V. is the "Klinische Neurophysiologie".
- To support young scientists, the DGKN e.V. provides a forum for young neuroscientists in the form of the Young Clinical Neurophysiologists and awards scholarships.
- DGKN e.V. maintains interdisciplinary exchanges with other scientific societies.
- DGKN e.V. is the German section of the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology.